HABA is excited to team with ABAI and provide smartphone capabilities for this year’s CEUs! Detailed instructions are outlined below.
Alternatively, CEU sign-in/out sheet will be provided at the conference and turned in upon the participants leaving the conference.
THIS IS NOT CONFERENCE ADMISSION – THIS PACKAGE ONLY PURCHASES CEUS FOR ATTENDED SESSIONS. CONFERENCE ADMISSION MUST STILL BE PURCHASED.
Attendees who would like to use their smartphones to sign in and out of sessions should follow these steps:
- On your iOs or Android device, search for and download the app “Events and CE.”
- After downloading, you will be prompted to fill in your full name, email address, member number (please use your BACB certification number), and credentialing body (Behavior Analyst Certification Board).
- The email address you put in this field MUST match the email address you’ve registered for the conference with. This is how we will cross-reference check in/out times and provide attendees with their CEUs! If you are unsure what email is on file, please check with volunteers at the front desk. Attendees who fail to match email addresses are at risk of not acquiring their CEs.
- Once your information is typed in, you will see the CE Scanner HABA interface. You may need to select the Hoosier ABA conference logo depending on what operating system you are using.
- The app contains speaker backgrounds, paper abstracts, schedule, and other useful information.
To scan for CEUs
- Each session will have a large QR code printed outside of the entrance.
- Before entering the session, open the Events and CE app and select the “SCAN” menu item.
- You may be prompted to provide the app access to your phone’s camera. This must occur before scanning can take place.
- Stand 10-15 feet from the QR code. No line is necessary; an unlimited number of attendees may scan simultaneously!
- Capture the entire QR code with your camera.
- Once the QR code is detected, the app will let you know that the scan has been successful. If you are unsure or would like to double check, select “Scan History” on the app’s menu and look for the room you just scanned.
- After the session is completed, look for the QR code by the session’s exit, and repeat steps 2-6.
- If you must leave the session at any time for a bathroom break, phone call, etc., don’t scan out. Simply return to the session and scan out when the session has concluded.